Menu Planning & Production
- Menu Planning Guidance for New SFAs (12/2014)
- What's for Breakfast? (Breakfast menu planning) Powerpoint
- What’s for Lunch (Lunch menu planning) Powerpoint
Meal Production Records
CLICK HERE to access Meal Production Record (for Breakfast and Lunch) information, templates and sample forms for Commercial Kitchen, Homestyle Meals and Transported Meals.
In accordance with NC General Statute 115C-264.3, schools are required to conduct nutritional analysis of school menus twice annually to determine on-going compliance with regulatory requirements for the nutrient content of school breakfast and lunch meals, and to monitor levels of these dietary components. North Carolina public schools are required to submit analysis of menus served in March and October that demonstrate they meet the USDA nutrient standards for calories, saturated fat, trans fat and sodium. The School Nutrition Services Section of the Department of Public Instruction monitors the progress of each local school administrative unit toward achieving the nutrition standards and provides technical assistance and continuing education as needed to assist local administrative units in implementing the nutrition standards.
Offer versus Serve
- Standardized Recipes
- Measuring Success with Standardized Recipes
- NO Time to Train: Identifying the Parts of a USDA Quantity Recipe
- USDA Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs