Who We Are
Children must be healthy to learn...and they must learn to be healthy.
The Child Nutrition Services Section is committed to inspiring a brighter future for children by serving and supporting School Nutrition Personnel as they work to restore and maintain the nutritional, operational and financial integrity of the Child Nutrition Program.
The Child Nutrition Program in North Carolina will be recognized for its leadership in transforming the school dining room into a center for the development of life-long healthful eating habits.
The Child Nutrition Services Section Values:
- Personal and Professional Integrity in all we do and say
- Service to School Nutrition Personnel
- Innovation that promotes positive change
- Leadership that inspires and endures
- Courage to do the right thing regardless of the consequences
- Perseverance to ensure that profit-neutrality or profit generation never takes precedence over the nutritional needs of children
- Accountability to ensure compliance with all Federal and State Regulations and policies of the State Board of Education
- High Program Standards that contribute to the developmental andacademic success of students